- Pit+Paddock organized a Tuesday night reception in downtown Los Angeles with presenting partner Vibrant Performance to welcome out-of-town partners attending the Drivers Project: Monterey Car Week road trip experience.
- A pop-up curated car show inside Auto Conduct LA showcased a selection of modified BMW G80/G82 builds, which included IND Distribution’s British Racing Green M4, Art of Attack’s race-spec M4, Precision Sports’ M3, and Titan 7’s M3.
- More than 150 guests attended the reception, which included local media and automotive brands, including Hoonigan, Race Service, and Cooled Collective.
- The morning following the kickoff event, the Drivers Project road trip would commence as participants embarked on a spirited road trip from Southern California to Monterey for a week-long enthusiast experience filled with group outings and Car Week events.
- The Drivers Project: Monterey Car Week is made possible by presenting partner Hawk Performance and supporting partners Akrapovič, ARP, Fluidampr, Gates, Moton, MSS, SPAL, and Turbosmart.
What is the Drivers Project?
Like our feature stories, tech articles, and Cars+Coffee events, the Drivers Project is a core part of Pit+Paddock. In a nutshell, it’s an organized road trip we put together that invites a select group of folks in the industry to participate in a journey through spirited backroads. In addition to the awesome driving, we host group outings, including fine dining, facility tours, and on-track experiences. It’s a helluva good time, and we’re truly lucky as a team to provide such a memorable experience to our partners and guests!
The History of Drivers Project
You can check out all the previous Drivers Project programs in the links below:
New Destination: Monterey Car Week
For the fourth edition of the Drivers Project presented by Hawk Performance, we developed a program that circles the famed Monterey Car Week. With a history dating back to the ’50s, Monterey Car Week is one of the most insane weeklong celebrations for car enthusiasts, which encompasses Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance as well as over 20 other established events. This year’s Drivers Project would take participants on a fun-filled two-day drive from Southern California to Monterey, followed by a jam-packed four-day weekend of all the great activities and events that revolve around Car Week.
Kickoff Event Presented by Vibrant Performance
During a Drivers Project planning meeting, we kicked around the idea of hosting a welcome reception before this year’s road trip. One thing led to another, and with the support of Vibrant Performance, a Tuesday night pop-up event and car show was born called “Prelude to Drivers Project”.
Hosted at Auto Conduct in downtown LA, the event welcomed out-of-town guests, including Imran Arshad and Bilal Mahmood of Eventuri (check out their YouTube page) and the folks from Florida at Precision Sport. Since LA is the home base for many recognized industry shops and media, we sent invitations to community members, eventually drawing more than 150 guests.
A welcome reception is only as good as its entertainment, so we curated a car display highlighting the BMW G80/G82 and hosted a complimentary taco bar. At the same time, music from local DJ Annalog provided an enjoyable and social atmosphere. A door prize raffle capped off the night, including prizes such as a Rimowa suitcase and Apple Watch.
We want to thank everyone that attended our Prelude to Drivers Project event in SoCal. Stay tuned for more coverage from our epic Drivers Project to Monterey Car Week!