- Performance Racing Industry (PRI) trade show occurs at the Indiana Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium that spotlights motorsport, including drag racing, sprint car, road racing, karting, off-road, drifting, and open wheel.
- The industry-only convention continues to grow year after year with approximately 70,000 members and 1,000 exhibitors in attendance for 2023.
- For the second year in a row, Pit+Paddock hosts the Turn 14 Distribution Industry Night at 16-Bit Bar+Arcade in downtown Indianapolis.
- The private 150-person reception featured Akrapovič as the title partner, and Advanced Clutch Technology, Firestone Airide, Radium Engineering, Turbosmart, and Vibrant Performance as presenting partners.
- This year’s influencer guests included Hert Eugene Jr., and professional drivers Adam LZ and Ryan Tuerck.
- Before the night was over, attendees were gifted Pit+Paddock x Firestone Airide Thermos as a thank-you.
- Courtesy of Akrapovič, guests of Industry Night and select PRI attendees received a limited edition poster featuring the Pit+Paddock x Bilstein BMW E91 GTS build.
PRI ATTRACTS QUALITY
The Performance Racing Industry (PRI) Trade Show has been around since 1988, but I’ve only attended the last three years. While it’s hard to ignore how massive the SEMA Show is, it’s become more of a car show over the last decade. You’ll find no shortage of “casual” spectators who walk the Las Vegas Convention Center with a drink in hand scouring booths for freebies. PRI, on the other hand, takes place in chilly Indianapolis at the start of December. The race-focused trade show eliminates all the Vegas riffraff. It attracts quality members of the industry who are knowledgeable, interested in growing their business, and eager to make whatever beast they’re building in their garage faster. It’s because of this that PRI has become one of my favorite events of the year, and why Pit+Paddock created the Turn 14 Distribution Industry Night.
T14 FEATURES THE E91 GTS TRIBUTE BUILD
This year’s Industry Night was a direct compliment to what Turn 14 Distribution featured at both its SEMA and PRI booths – the Pit+Paddock x Bilstein BMW E91 GTS Tribute build. The Fire Orange wagon was one of the most talked about Euro builds of 2023, and with Akrapovič as the title partner of Industry Night, we offered high-quality posters of the BMW Touring to any fans of the build attending PRI. Then, after the first day of the show was over, we invited 150 of our partners and media guests to 16-Bit Bar+Arcade for an evening of fun, food, and friends.
WHERE THE MAGIC HAPPENS
If you have an inkling of how the business world works, grabbing a bite or drink after a meeting in a more casual and cozier environment usually is where the magic happens. Relationships are strengthened, friendships are made, and good times are had. For the second year in a row, the Turn 14 Distribution Industry Night at PRI delivered just that as our guest list of industry leaders along with presenting sponsors Advanced Clutch Technology, Firestone Airide, Radium Engineering, Turbosmart, and Vibrant Performance filled the upstairs deck of 16-Bit Bar+Arcade.
For three hours, folks enjoyed a build-your-own taco station, open bar, and unlimited gameplay. Before the night was over, we surprised everyone with stainless steel Thermos cups courtesy of Firestone Airide.
THE WHO’S WHO
Pit+Paddock is blessed to have such a fantastic rolodex of influencers that swing by our receptions regularly like our SEMA Clubhouse and the T14 Industry Night. Those in attendance this year included Hert Eugene Jr., who recently started Nappy Boy Automotive with music star T-Pain; Toyota professional driver Ryan Tuerck, who finished 7th overall in the Formula DRIFT PRO Championship, and Adam LZ whose four-rotor Toyota GR Supra had just returned home after making a big splash at the Pit+Paddock SEMA booth display.
YOU CAN’T MISS IT
As the host of the second annual T14 Industry Night, it’s rewarding to witness various representatives of the performance community hanging out with each other, more as friends than associates. It’s what the core of our event is, what makes Pit+Paddock tick, and why coming to PRI and our Industry Night has become the end-of-the-year reunion that you can’t miss.